Why St. Louis For Your Business
- St. Louis has the fastest growing startup scene in the U.S.
- 19 Fortune 1,000 companies are located in St. Louis.
- 9 Fortune 500 companies are located in St. Louis.
- 9th least expensive large city to do business in the U.S.
- 6th lowest property tax rates.
- 8th lowest corporate tax rates.
- 18% increase in business creation from 2012 to 2013, a year when national business creation fell.
- 342% deal growth for St. Louis startups in 2015.
- 33% average deal growth for St. Louis startups since 2012.
- Missouri has more startup accelerators than all but three states in the U.S.
- 100% increase in the number of startup launches through an accelerator or incubator in the past two years.
- St. Louis is home to three of the top four venture investors in the Midwest.
- 30+ four year colleges and universities.
- 25,000+ students graduate from area schools each year with a bachelor’s, post-bachelor’s, or professional degree.
- St. Louis is a regional leader in several fields, including plant science, life science, finance, information technology, aviation, and renewable energy.
Why St. Louis For You
- The happiest city in the U.S.
- The second lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- 1st place for the happiest city for job seeking college graduates.
- 138% increase in 25-34 year olds living in urban neighborhoods.
- $81,000 is the average tech salary in St. Louis.
- Washington University in St. Louis is America’s smartest college.
- 84% of homes are affordable for families who earn the median income.
- Cost of living consistently ranks low among the nation’s 20 largest cities.
- Below the national average commute time to work.
- 3rd most literate city in the U.S.
- 12th highest volunteer rate among large U.S. cities.
- Over 30% of the St. Louis population volunteer.
- Forest Park was ranked among the world’s 10 most beautiful city parks.
“Hands down, the level of engagement by civic and business leaders is what makes St. Louis and Missouri unique. People are invested in us and WANT us to succeed, and as a result, they bend over backwards to support us and share their networks. We are so grateful to be growing our business here. When we are successful, it will be in large part due to the fact that we relocated to St. Louis.” -Samantha Rudolph & Jared Miller, Babyation, 2015 Arch Grants Recipient
“Since November we were able to raise $150,000 including the Arch Grant, so it fast forwarded everything we were doing. We got our first client from here, we hired our first full time employee, and have expanded into a totally different network which we hope will benefit the business and attract new leads, and opportunities for the company.” -Christina Hawatmeh, Scopio, 2015 Arch Grants Recipient