Summary of Program
The Arch Grants Expert-in-Residence (EIR) program provides mentorship and coaching assistance to current and past Arch Grants Founders by connecting them with seasoned entrepreneurs, technologists, and executives.
The Expert-in-Residence (EIR) position is a contracted position with Arch Grants, a Missouri-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. EIRs are tasked with providing individual support, advice, and mentorship to Arch Grants portfolio companies. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Discussing and addressing business obstacles currently facing Arch Grants Founders
- Serving as a sounding board and providing feedback to Founders
- Connecting Founders with local resources, either indirectly or by way of professional introductions (as appropriate)
- Working collaboratively with Arch Grants staff to identify core Founder needs to streamline company support, service delivery, and networking opportunities.
Term & Time Commitment
Arch Grants EIRs are brought on for an initial 6-month trial period after which their participation in the EIR program will be reviewed monthly. EIRs must be available (e.g., for office hours, correspondence, individual meetings) for at least 2 hours per month.
- Minimum of five years at an early-stage company or a minimum of five years in a technology, operations, product, or business development role at a large corporation
- Prior experience as a startup founder or working at an early-stage company is preferred
- Experience with training, mentoring, or coaching with similar programs
- Individuals who have appreciation for and experience with growth-minded and data-driven decision-making. Individuals who understand the value of experimentation, learning, and optimization.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ‘people’ skills; the ability to identify needs, connect and empathize with Founders.
Be a Part of the Movement
We champion extraordinary entrepreneurs to create positive change – for St. Louis and for the world. Join us by applying to our Global Startup Competition, becoming a financial supporter, volunteering your time or amplifying our message.