Why St. Louis For Your Business
- Forbes and AOL Founder Steve Case ranks St. Louis as #2 Top Rising City for Startups
- 11 Reasons to Start a Business in St. Louis Right Now
- St. Louis ranked in top 10 cities for young entrepreneurs
- St. Louis is one of the best cities for young professionals looking for a job
- St. Louis ranked in top 30 cities where small business owners are thriving
- St. Louis ranked 23rd out of 182 best large cities to start a business
- St. Louis has the fastest growing startup scene in the U.S.
- St. Louis’ healthy, vibrant ecosystem gives it a key advantage when recruiting entrepreneurs in the STEM fields.
- 18 Fortune 1,000 companies are located in St. Louis.
- 9 Fortune 500 companies are located in St. Louis.
- 9th least expensive large city to do business in the U.S.
- 342% deal growth for St. Louis startups in 2015.
- 33% average deal growth for St. Louis startups since 2012.
- Missouri has more startup accelerators than all but three states in the U.S.
- St. Louis is home to three of the top four venture investors in the Midwest.
- 30+ four year colleges and universities.
- 25,000+ students graduate from area schools each year with a bachelor’s, post-bachelor’s, or professional degree.
- St. Louis Veterans Business Resource Center, the nation’s first center assisting Veteran entrepreneurs, was selected as the National Veteran’s Business Center of the Year for 2015 by the U.S. Small Business Administration and recognized at the White House.
- GlobalHack, LaunchCode, Venture Cafe, and Claim Academy offer valuable programming for skill building and networking.
- The Cortex Innovation Community is home to a vibrant 200-acre innovation hub and technology district integrated into St. Louis’ historic Central West End and Forest Park Southeast residential neighborhoods.
- St. Louis is a regional leader in several fields, including agtech, life science, finance, information technology, aviation, and renewable energy.
- Developers, investors and business leaders are bullish on St. Louis
Why St. Louis For You
- The second lowest cost of living in the U.S.
- Rich In Revitalized Landmarks, St. Louis Is On A Roll
- Soccer gets another shot in St. Louis as family that owns Enterprise launches bid for MLS team.
- One of the top 10 most intriguing travel destinations in 2019
- 138% increase in 25-34 year olds living in urban neighborhoods.
- $81,000 is the average tech salary in St. Louis.
- 84% of homes are affordable for families who earn the median income.
- Cost of living consistently ranks low among the nation’s 20 largest cities.
- Below the national average commute time to work.
- 3rd most literate city in the U.S.
- 12th highest volunteer rate among large U.S. cities.
- Over 30% of the St. Louis population volunteer.
- Forest Park was ranked among the world’s 10 most beautiful city parks.
- The happiest city in the U.S.
- 1st place for the happiest city for job seeking college graduates.
- Washington University in St. Louis is America’s smartest college.
- For the 21st consecutive year, graffiti artists from across the globe descended upon St. Louis to transforming a stretch of flood wall near the Arch into an outdoor gallery of street art.
“Arch Grants rocks. First, the people are incredibly kind and supportive, and while the check is great, we’ve found the hiring network to be particularly impactful. Getting the right people in the door is what makes or breaks a business, and Arch Grants has helped us widen our talent pool substantially.” -Chris Kontes, Balto, 2018 Arch Grants Recipient
“Arch Grants has and continues to provide incredible resources. The introductions that it has made, the strategic legal, accounting and fundraising support, the access to local resources, invitations to networking events (to name a few things) are invaluable. The organization itself is a banner of excellence. The success of the program and the yearly Gala speaks for itself. Their encouragement and support does not stop at the business; they work to support the individuals as well.” -Barbara Pozzi, Digital Medical Arts, 2018 Arch Grants Recipient
“Arch Grants has fed both the heart and the mind – two key things every early-stage entrepreneur needs to grow. It has not only provided me with a close-knit community of smart people always ready to lend a hand (the heart) but also resources, human and financial capital, to propel me to the next level (the mind). Arch Grants is and will always be a critical milestone in our journey.” – Yulkendy Valdez, Forefront Cultures, 2018 Arch Grants Recipient
“Arch Grants has been very impactful for SpenDebt. In this stage of our company, Arch Grants have been a true partner in enabling us to execute which is most important! More so than the capital received, they have provided access to their network, the entrepreneur community, and to the St. Louis region and beyond. Having access has been a game changer in many ways.” – Kiley Summers, SpenDebt, 2018 Arch Grants Recipient