re-open on March 1, 2017.
First Round Application Requirements:
- Complete online application
Final Round Application Requirements (Optional in First Round):
- Pitch Deck (20 slides maximum)
- Video of pitch (15 minutes maximum)
- At least two character references
Applicants that are invited to the Final Round of our application will have about two weeks to submit these requirements from the time they are notified of their status.
Since 2012, Arch Grants has awarded more than $5.2 million in cash grants to 96 startup businesses that were willing to call St. Louis home. With the help of our program and support services, these companies have gone on to create over 370 jobs, generate nearly $48 million in revenue, and attract over $100 million in follow-on capital. Arch Grants Companies are growing at a fantastic pace.
Please refer the our FAQ page for more detailed information regarding Arch Grants and the Global Startup Competition.
What do you get?
- $50,000 equity-free, cash grant
- Pro-bono and discounted services in essential business areas (legal, accounting, marketing, HR, banking, etc)
- Personal introductions to strategic business and civic leaders
- Access to angel investment and venture capital networks
- Educational programming
- Access to Arch Grants leadership
- Talent acquisition/recruiting services
- Professional and high level business mentorship
- Relocation assistance
- Social support and community integration services
- Inclusion into a community of innovative entrepreneurs
Who should apply?
Arch Grants is looking for innovative technologies, products, or services, wrapped within scalable for-profit business models with the potential to make national or international impact.
Preference will be given to companies that are beyond idea stage; bring with them teams of talented, diverse, and value-additive individuals; and demonstrate that the grant money and support services have a meaningful impact on company growth.
We seek to attract entrepreneurs who are already located in St. Louis OR are willing to relocate here. Basing your business in St. Louis is a requirement for receiving the grant. All of our current entrepreneurs are investing their time in making the St. Louis startup scene even stronger.
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition is an industry-agnostic competition; we have funded startups in the following areas:
- Big Data
- Hardware Technology
- Healthcare IT
- Medical Devices
- Social Ventures
- …and many more!
What are the requirements to receive a grant?
- Locate headquarters or significant operations within St. Louis City for at least one year.
- Provide data on jobs created, revenue generated, and follow-on capital.
- Track and report expenditures of the grant.
- Provide service to or on behalf of Arch Grants for an average of 8 hours per quarter for one year.
- Have at least 51% of your founding team, or at least one full-time founder AND 51% of the full team, working full-time on the business in St. Louis City.
- Participate in program events coordinated by Arch Grants.
How do you apply?
Applications will be accepted through this portal starting March 1st.
There are two rounds of evaluation for the 2017 Arch Grants Global Startup Competition.
- Finally, teams will be invited to pitch their businesses to the Competition Committee at a Finalist Pitch Day. This day will also include an opportunity for Q&A and a staff interview. Arch Grants Recipients will be selected in August and publicly announced in November.
What are the important dates?
- Applications Open: March 1st, 2017 at 12:00 AM
- Early Application Deadline: April 24th, 2017 at 11:59 PM
- Final Application Deadline: May 15th, 2017 at 11:59 PM
- Finalist Pitch Days: August 16-17th, 2017
- Incubation begins October 2017