The Global Startup Competition is accepting applications year-round.
First Round Application Requirements:
Final Round Application Requirements (Optional in First Round):
Applicants that are invited to the Final Round of our application will have about a week to submit these requirements from the time they are notified of their status.
Since 2012, Arch Grants has awarded over $3 million in cash grants to 65 startup businesses that were willing to call St. Louis home. With the help of our program and support services, these companies have gone on to create over 270 jobs, generate nearly $20 million in revenue, and attract over $50 million in follow-on capital. Arch Grants Companies are growing at a fantastic pace.
Please refer the our FAQ page for more detailed information regarding Arch Grants and the Global Startup Competition.
What do you get?
- $50,000 equity-free, cash grant
- Pro-bono services in over 15 business areas (legal, accounting, marketing, HR, banking, etc)
- Personal introductions to strategic business and civic leaders
- Access to angel investment and venture capital networks
- Educational programming
- Discounted office and residential space
- Access to Arch Grants leadership
- Talent acquisition/recruiting services
- Professional and high level business mentorship
- Relocation services
- Social support and community integration services
- Inclusion into a community of innovative entrepreneurs
Who should apply?
Arch Grants is looking for innovative technologies, products, or services, wrapped within scalable business models with the potential to make national or international impact.
Preference will be given to companies that are beyond idea stage; bring with them teams of talented, diverse, and value-additive individuals; and demonstrate that the grant money and support services have a meaningful impact on company growth.
We seek to attract entrepreneurs who are already located in St. Louis OR are willing to relocate here. Basing your business in St. Louis is a prerequisite for receiving the grant and all of our current entrepreneurs are investing their time in making the St. Louis startup scene even stronger.
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition is an industry-agnostic competition; we have funded startups in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Hardware Technology
- Consumer Products
- Medical Devices
- Social Ventures
- …and many more!
How do you apply?
Applications are being accepted through this portal.
There are two rounds of evaluation for the 2015 Arch Grants Global Startup Competition.
- First, each application is reviewed by at least five community judges, who are hand-picked by the Arch Grants staff based on industry experience, expertise in the stage of your company, or other relevant qualities.
- Next, the application and feedback from these judges are reviewed by the Arch Grants Competition Committee. The Competition Committee is a group of dedicated community members who represent a diverse range of experiences from venture capital, angel investment, start-up entrepreneurs, and everything in between. The Committee will base their decisions on the strength of the opportunity, scalability, the impact on the St. Louis community (economically, culturally, and otherwise) as well as the skills, assets, and value added by the management team.
- Finally, teams will be invited to pitch their businesses to the Committee at a Finalist Pitch Day (there will be two Finalist Pitch Days per competition). These presentations will take place periodically throughout the year and will also include an opportunity for Q&A. Arch Grants Recipients will be announced soon after the last Finalist Pitch Day of each competition.
What are the important dates?
Spring 2016 Competition:
- Applications Open: September 1st, 2015 at 12:00 AM
- Early Application Deadline: December 15th, 2015 at 11:59 PM
- Final Application Deadline: February 15th, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Finalist Pitch Days: January 7th, February 4th, and April 7th, 2016
- Incubation begins June, 2016
Fall 2016 Competition:
- Applications Open: February 16th, 2016 at 12:00 AM
- Early Application Deadline: June 16th, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Final Application Deadline: August 12th, 2016 at 11:59 PM
- Finalist Pitch Days: June 2nd, August 4th, and September 29th, 2016
- Incubation begins November, 2016