Arch Grants is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit that has funded more than 250 startups since 2012. Our impact has generated more than 3,598 jobs in St. Louis, paid more than $158 million in St. Louis wages, and generated more than $742 million in revenue. We offer up to $100,000 in equity-free funding, networking opportunities, and accelerated growth for innovative, early-stage startups, with a focus on diverse founding teams, scalable business models, and technology-enabled solutions.
Director of Development
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt employee
Travel: Approximately 5-10% of time
Compensation: $80K – $105K annual salary with full benefits
Arch Grants is seeking a Director of Development to lead fundraising efforts. This pivotal role is your opportunity to shape and execute a dynamic development strategy, from annual giving to major gifts and beyond. We’re looking for a driven, passionate advocate for St. Louis’ growth and economic vibrancy. Your mission: forge lasting bonds with donors, ignite corporate and foundation partnerships, and spearhead inspiring fundraising events. Join us and play a crucial role in advancing our community through innovation and entrepreneurship.
• Create a robust development plan that includes strategic initiatives for annual and endowment (Sustained Impact Campaign) giving efforts, grants, major gifts and planned gifts to meet established goals.
• Oversee systems for gift processing and ensure best practices for acknowledging and recognizing donors and leadership giving.
• Work closely with the Executive Director to develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive multi-year fundraising and development plan for Arch Grants that includes individual giving, major gifts, annual appeals, and grant-writing.
– Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors and increase donor retention.
• Work with the Executive Director to identify Arch Grants’ funding priorities and opportunities on an annual basis.
• Research and apply for grants; write effective cover letters, letters of intent, and proposals that share the mission, programs, impact and stories of Arch Grants and our Founders (entrepreneurs).
– Prioritize staying informed about potential grant programs, funders and grant cycles.
– Maintain a detailed and up-to-date grants calendar to track grants and ensure items are submitted in a timely fashion.
– Prepare outcomes reports and grants related materials for funders as requested.
– Maintain internal reporting systems, keep records of all grants materials, and maintain records of outcomes, deliverables, and associated documentation.
• Manage Development Operations Manager in execution of all fundraising-related activities and guide meaningful/impactful opportunities for professional development and internal advancement.
• Additional tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
External Relations & Events
• Oversee all elements of major annual fundraising gala, including content creation, sponsorship solicitations, guest experience, budgeting, guest/sponsor follow-up, volunteer engagement, etc.
• Work in partnership with leadership to develop a cohesive annual external stakeholder engagement strategy.
• Provide strategic and creative direction to elevate and increase the annual giving program through print, digital and social media.
• Lead team and/or contractors to develop content and other information needed for donor communications, stewardship, social media and website.
• Work collaboratively and creatively with internal and external stakeholders to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate development messages into publications, reports and collateral materials to support the cultivation and stewardship of donors.
• Represent and speak about Arch Grants at conferences, events and other venues, as appropriate.
• Stay up-to-date on trends within the entrepreneurial landscape – both in St. Louis and around the country to effectively communicate Arch Grants’ unique value proposition to external stakeholders.
• Ability to effectively communicate Arch Grants’ mission to a wide array of external stakeholders.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills (grant writing experience a plus).
• Experience with project planning, budgeting and execution.
• Experience managing fundraising teams (or equivalent experience).
• Experience working with CRM system (Salesforce experience preferred).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office Suite products.
• Passion for St. Louis, entrepreneurship, startups, and community-building initiatives.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arch Grants is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We base all employment decisions on merit, competence, and business needs. We do not discriminate on any status protected by law.